Sunday, November 30

winter and all her cozy thoughts

Winter is here..

Rainy lazy days..gray, dark days that almost seem muffled..bright bright days with few clouds, you instinctively know it's going to be freezing on those days... difficult mornings for waking up..the sun only brightens up the world on my way to school.. more excuses to stay indoors.. I love it..

I had to replace my beloved gloves this week.. I had some old and very faithful fingerless ones with a happy colourful pattern..pity my fingers after the briefest exposure almost always felt like they might break off. I replaced them with a cozy brown pair..also with happy colourful patterns haha..not very adventurous, but very creative.

On creativity..

I was planning on an evening ride last week...here's the order in which it went..

I got dressed..maximum layering in effect
Pulled on my trusty canvas shoes, one size too small..
Put on my very thick and very very comfy hooded parka..faux fur lined
Pulled on my oversized beanie..
and then decided..a flower would look lovely..

hmmm..how to solve this?...well.. I decided to make a flower ofcourse..

I mean.. time wasting?..new level here..

I got out two pieces of fabric I kept from my wedding preparation debacle back in March..

A lovely light pink silk dupioni, and cream satin..
and proceeded to cut and sew the loveliest corsage.. which I might add, in the end was too big for a headpiece, and went unworn that night.



After my sudden creative spell... I carried Valerie down the stairs and out into the lovely crisp night air..

I can't help but smile while riding.. and especially I laugh out loud to myself everytime I wobble, or everytime I lose complete balance..or when I have to brake suddenly to avoid running right into a wall or something hard and stationary..I've had one gentleman leap off the sidewalk and nearly run into a wall himself..I think he realised the speed at which the shakey light was baring down on him wasn't being controlled by a professional.

More on the riding later.

Today is..as was yesterday.. beautiful

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP